We take safety seriously.
At Sordoni, safety is inseparable from our company culture. We believe that all accidents are preventable through proper planning, training and employee engagement.
The foundation of our Safety and Health Management Program is training, which leads to responsible actions and educated decisions. Safety skills are taught in workshops and classes and consistently reinforced at all levels. Our excellent safety rating attests to the effectiveness of our program.
Some key aspects of our Safety Program include:
- Site-Specific Safety Plan: A custom plan reviewed in project kick-off meetings. Every employee participates in this training before stepping foot on a jobsite.
- Training: All Sordoni Superintendents are 30-Hour OSHA and First Aid/CPR certified. Toolbox Talks are held on jobsites to address specific topics or concern.
- Hazard Recognition: Weekly safety audits are conducted by the Safety Manager and Superintendent to promote personnel involvement and provide a forum to discuss techniques or explore alternatives.
- Safety Committee: Our Safety Committee consists of representatives from across the company and meets on a regular basis to review our policies, any incidents or near-misses, and mitigation strategies.
- Safety Recognition Program: Project teams are recognized and rewarded when key safety milestones are reached on jobsites.