To support our ongoing growth and success, Sordoni Construction Services, Inc. is seeking a dynamic professional to join our team as a Site Superintendent. This position is responsible for providing overall administration, management and technical direction for commercial construction ensuring the project is constructed safely and in accordance with contract documents, design, budget, schedule and in compliance with all federal, state, and local laws.
A thorough knowledge of construction techniques with the ability to sequence and coordinate the activities of other contractors on site through meetings and correspondence.
- The ability to understand and follow plans and specifications while controlling costs and adhering to progress schedules.
- The capacity to direct and order materials for self-performance work in the concrete and carpentry fields.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Responsible for the production and maintenance of project records including shop drawing logs, requests for information (RFIs), daily reports, time sheets, etc.
- Maintain a safe and organized office and jobsite
- Review of shop drawings and coordinate between project drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate contractor activities through verbal and written communication, including meetings and the use of project schedules.
- Responsible for all safety aspects on an assigned project including OSHA requirements, promoting and encouraging safe work practices and immediate correction of job site hazards.
- Maintain a high level of quality with contractors and our won workforce during construction.
- Responsible for care and maintenance of all company equipment and tools used by self-performance crews.
- Promote and maintain the Sordoni reputation for quality and integrity in all relationships with customers, contractors, employees and the general public.
How Do I Get Started?
To apply, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- An updated resume including a project list
- A brief cover letter outlining your experience and interest in working for Sordoni Construction Services, Inc.